Skip to main content

I am Untalented

So, I started an online store... like everyone does at some stage I guess. To be honest, this is my second attempt.  The first attempt I tried just following a YouTube video, putting in as little effort as possible and basically tricking customers to pay for something - advertising a "free" product and then over charging for shipping to make a profit. I felt like a bit of a scumbag and ended up refunding all the customers (like 5) for the cheap Chinese product that took weeks to get to them. 

This venture is slightly different in that I am designing my own tshirts (tees? t-shirts? Tee Shirtz?) via a print on demand service & using shopify to sell them.  They aren't great but I am trying and that is why I came up with the store name of UNTALENTED - at least people know what they are getting. 

I have had a total of 0 (zero aka nil) customers thus far.  I am pretty sure the google bots don't even stay for long. 

Once again I said to myself - don't spend anything until you have plans and a lot of content... but I failed.  I don't know why excitement gets in the way of logic all the time - maybe it is the thrill of working for myself and not as a big cog in a corporate wheel.  

Anyway, I am going to keep writing about it in the blog in my usual no filter style with the hopes that (1) there is some sort of promotion and (2) others can get a real life understanding of the trials and tribulations of this kind of thing.  I can't tell you the amount of websites I have read on the subject and they are all so thought out and ordered... and the same.  When did every fucking person on the internet turn into a professional?  When was the decision made to only write in a single format - ENOUGH with the lists. We get it, I read the art of writing online content website too!

Oh - if you want to check out the store in its original format before I, you know, fix its problems and become a tshirt millionaire, go to www.untalented.com.au or check on a social media site that mid 30s people know about. 

Peace out


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First One

Well I guess I finally gave in and created a blog - excuse anything I write in this first momentous post as I am totally freewriting off the top of my head.   I guess I am starting this because I need a creative outlet and to actually have a voice rather then hiding away worried what others might think... well that's what a YouTube video I watched said but I did like the idea & that is why I have used my real name over a hidden screen name.  Oh and I pulled the name off a random word generator + a good 30 seconds (give or take) of brain power.  Now. What will you see in the future... hmmm... what will bring some poor soul who stumbles across this initial dribble back?  Well... I don't have an answer quite yet but I do have things I am interested in which I thin is a rather good start.  I probably need to create a plan so it doesn't end up like this every week.  I will have a think and comeback with something great but this is a good start I think, you know, pulling my f

I've Been Thinking...Or Drinking

Well I've been doing a little of both.  Do people just start blogs to try and make money now or do some people generally want their voices heard... or both as I did slide the option for ads on (It would hurt right?).  I am going to use this blog as they were originally intended - as complete randomness.  There will no specific topic or theme.  It will be a mess of thoughts, reviews and investigations.  To all of those people that aren't reading (which is everyone according to the statistics page) , watch out.  Once again, no actual content here but it is starting.  I had a tagline, but now I have forgotten it Matt